Wednesday, December 24, 2008
We have made a tradition (this year and last) of making a ginger bread house to kick off the Christmas season. This year is way better than last! Ryan put his skills to good use and as you can see it did not collapse like our previous attempt. We are so proud.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Ryan's mom Barbra and step dad Jerry came to visit us so we decided to go down to Tucson and visit the base. It was so awesome, we toured the air force one that carried JFK, Breghten and Lawson flew their first plane, and we just could not believe how gigantic some of these planes are.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Ryan and I dropped the kids at my parents and enjoyed some time together. We had a hard core coaster day at six flags and got our sunglasses stolen. If the offender is reading this blog the joke is really on them because they were all scratched up anyway. Now you have crapy sunglasses and no integrity.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
My Aunt Tara tagged me into explaining seven quirks about my self and tagging four other people to do the same thing.
1. I give people points, I first give points for their features, 2-8 per eyebrow (depending on the thickness), if you are a girl you get 3 points for your top lash and 1 for your bottom lash, for guys I just give one per lash. Everyone gets four points per eye equaling the perfect number 8. I guess I keep counting till the person says something interesting.
2. I have to make everything strait: chairs, forks, pillows, key boards. If I have the time I will try to make everything in the room perfect, making minuscule adjustments until everything feels balanced and equal.
3. I have no self-control when it comes to desserts and often make myself sick and grumpy.
4. I hate a messy butter dish. It is just as important to clean the butter dish as it is to wipe the counter tops off.
5. I cover my ears with my hair when I sleep to keep bugs and spiders out.
6. I can't help but baby talk to my sweet huby Wyan (Alex Butler is totally disgusted by this).
7. When I jog with someone I have to be on their right side.
Now I will list some of Ryan's quirks....
1. He tears apart the bed if the tags are not at the correct bottom corner (he swears he can feel the difference when the sheets are sideways or upside-down). He is known to fix the problem at all hours of the night exclaiming, "No wonder I've been so restless."
2. He likes very dim lighting, he hates bright lights.
3. He is extremely particular about his pillow and pillow case. It was very hard for him to give up is ugly ugly plaid pillow case, we had to make a deal that he could take of the pretty pillow case I got him when he slept. He hates feather pillows, and takes his temperpedic pillow on all vacations.
4. He is a musical snob!!!! He likes what he likes and everything else is crap.
5. He spends way to much money on sunglasses and watches.
6. He likes to find snakes and classify them using his "National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Reptiles and Amphibians." He is super savey
7. He hates things vibrating or making noises when he is driving and makes me hunt for the offending rattling objects.
Megan Graves, Rachael Watson, Shawndel Graves, and anyone else who reads this (it's really fun, especially when you put your husbands quirks too).
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
I took the last few days off of house work to read "Breaking Dawn." There was really no other alternative. I had to read it all at once or not at all; Edward gives me no other options. I would look up from a page to see Ryan come home from work, my eyes would be blurry, I would still be in my pajamas, and have no plans for dinner. Good thing I have an understanding husband who gets a kick out of asking me Vampire Trivia.
Now that I can move on with my life, I have some pics of our Organ trip. We had a blast. We went to the zoo, out crabbing, spent a day at the Fair and Carnival, picked berries for a delicious pie, went to a resort on the beach, feed seals, and had lots of fun with Grandma and Grandpa Graves. Although the best part could have been escaping the heat for a week.