Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's over!




Yeah!! I ran my marathon in 4 hours and 13 mins. Just after the finish line Virginia and I were laying on the grass completely excited about our accomplishment but also in great pain. She leaned over and offered her knuckles. I lightly tapped them with my own as she mentioned some phrase of relief. We then examined our current predicament and she turned to me in serious concern, "But what are we going to do, we can't move." My answer was Ibuprofen. Later, Emily, Virginia, and I took pictures in front of the Finishers backdrop and returned home as marathon runners. I don't think I told them how much that ment to me. It was an empowering experience I would never have attempted without their confidence.

7 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Wa, you are an amazing woman! You are truly an ispiration to me and so many others! Good job!

Shawndel said...

Congratulations, again! That is so awesome!

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

congrats thats so awesome! i'm training for my 5k right now. i'm excited to actually be able to run.
www.brandonjillyn.blogspot.com

Meagan said...

That is so amazing!! I can probably say that I will never do that....mostly because I hate to run, and I think I would die!! :) Go Lauren!

sarah goodman said...

CONGRATS lauren....that is SO amazing...I can run after my kids and that is about it! :)
Sarah G.

Em said...

You already know I'm proud of ya, I just wish I could keep up! Good job buddy, I'm happy you had a great time. Welcome to bloggerdom!

Jenny said...

Hey Lauren...I saw your link on Ashleigh's blog, so I thought I'd take a peak! I completely impressed! I have my sights on a half marathon, and think that's a large goal... so wow! Congrats!